The "roots" of our church go back to a small group of Haymarket residents who, in 1833, wished to meet for regular worship. The first location was a former county hall - later a boy's school - that was vacant. The building was one of three in Haymarket that - although substantially damaged by fire - survived the destruction of the Civil War.
Throughout the years, known as various iterations of "St. Paul's Church" - the congregation and clergy met the needs of the community.
In 2012, this congregation was displaced from the Haymarket property by court order and now worships in our C. Hunter Ritchie School location.
In 2015 we chose to transition to a new name: St. Michael's Anglican Church.